Do you have an LG soundbar? If so, then we are sure you can vouch for its functionality and optimal performance. but in case, you’re having trouble resetting your LG soundbar without remote control, then we have sufficient amount of information to disseminate in that regard.
Soundbars are specifically designed for those people who aren’t satisfied with the standard and traditional audio quality of their TV. It truly brings your viewing experience to life and let you enjoy your favorite movies in with a more immersive background score.
However, installing a soundbar doesn’t mean it’s been said in stone. You will often face problems with regards to your audio equipment, sometimes so much so that you will have to reset it. We understand this might be a dreadful information but if your soundbar fails to connect or is having trouble pairing with your devices seamlessly then you will have to reset it without a question.
Having information on how you can reset your soundbar will save you some extra bucks. You will not have to ask for professional help and have your soundbar in working order without any delays. But before that, let’s look into some other aspects of LG soundbars.
Things you need to keep in mind when resetting your LG soundbar
People can jump to conclusions instantly when they see something going wrong with their audio equipment they know nothing about. But if you do that, you will probably cause more damage to your soundbar then it has already sustained.
Here are a few things that you need to keep in mind if your soundbar stops working,
- There is no hardware damage. Soundbars mostly face pairing problems without any hardware damage. If you think there is something wrong to the physical aspect of your device, you’re wrong.
- In case your soundbar doesn’t jumpstart even after resetting, chances are your TV and your soundbar need a software upgrade. Tech gadgets get software updates every now and then. You need to be keen about updating them because it can be one of the reasons why they malfunctioned.
- If your soundbar still have trouble pairing to your TV, try connecting it to another TV or connect another soundbar to your TV. This will make it evident whether there is a problem with the TV or the soundbar.
- Pair your smart devices to the soundbar when it doesn’t pair to the home entertainment system. This will let you know if the Bluetooth of the soundbar is in working order or not.
Why and when you need to reset your soundbar?
Mostly, when soundbar has trouble in connectivity, that is when you will feel the need to reset it. Not just LG soundbars, even Bose and Vizio soundbars often face issue when pairing to other devices. For an instance, if you have connected the soundbar to more than one device simultaneously then there you’re possibly going to face issues when reconnecting it to your TV.
What happens is that when you connect an audio device to more than one configuration device at a time, settings get entwined and the soundbar has difficulty coming out of the conflict. In this case, a factory reset will help you store the soundbar to its original format. You will also have to consider proper resetting between the TV and the soundbar in order to for it to function effortlessly.
Most people don’t really understand what has gone wrong when they see their soundbar not working. Their immediate thought is that something gravely has damaged the soundbar and they will have to get in touch with LG’s customer support. A software malfunction isn’t backed by a warranty claim; this is another thing that you need to keep in mind.
But trusts us, you will probably not have to go through the lengthy process of staying in cue on an LG customer service support line. All you have to do is reset your soundbar and you’re good to go.
How to reset your LG soundbar without remote?
You may feel there is no way you can reset your LG sound bar without a remote but trust us, there is nothing for you to worry about and it’s a very convenient process. There are three ways through which you can reset your soundbar without the help of a remote.
- Press the “Input” and “Bluetooth” buttons on the soundbar strip and hold them for 10 seconds. Once you let go, the soundbar will reset.
- Press the “ON/OFF” and “Bluetooth” button together and hold them for a few seconds. Release and your soundbar will have reset.
- Press the “On/Off” and “Volume down” button and hold them together for 10 seconds. If none of our previous methods work, this will surely reset the soundbar.
Furthermore, once your soundbar has been restored to factory default, you should know that you will has lost all your customized data. This is a risk that you will have to take if you want the soundbar to work again. You can always adjust the settings again as per your preference.
So, this is how you reset an LG soundbar without a remote control. Hopefully, we have given you important bits of information that will help you reset your soundbar and you can go back to using it.
In case, none of the methods we have mentioned above worked, you can always get in touch with LG’s customer support for further assistance. They have a massive support staff that are there to help you out. Though it takes some time, but you will have the answer to your question and they can further provide you guidance on how to have your soundbar fixed.
Do leave us with your feedback and we would love to hear how you were able to reset your LG soundbar.
Leave a Reply