LG Soundbars are modern long speakers that are designed to fill your room with surround sound and provide you with a premium theatre experience in the comfort of your home. These soundbars are equipped with advanced technology to meet these needs.
However, sometimes users face issues with soundbars that hinder their mesmerizing experiences and annoy them during their entertainment time. They have every right to be angry because of these issues.
If you are watching a movie on your day off or listening to music and enjoying yourself, but the sound starts cutting out, it will be very irritating. If the sound keeps cutting out, again and again, it will become unbearable for you.
Fortunately, this is a commonly occurring issue that can be easily resolved with a few simple tricks. You can solve this issue yourself at home within minutes, without the need for any assistance from a technician.
According to LG, there are two root causes of such problems. Either there is too much wireless traffic and it’s hindering your connection, or your soundbar software isn’t up to date.
These issues are common and can be resolved with three basic techniques. You can follow each of the following steps by step to get rid of the issues.
LG Sound Bar Keeps Cutting Out
1. Heavy Bluetooth Traffic
If the soundbar is connected with your device via Bluetooth, the cutting out of sound might be because of heavy Bluetooth traffic in the space around the device. A large number of Bluetooth transmissions interfere with the Bluetooth connectivity of your device and cause hindrances in its connectivity.
This problem can be resolved by connecting the soundbar with your device i.e. computer, TV, mobile, or tablet, using a wired connection. Soundbars support optical, HDMI, and auxiliary connectivity. Once you do that, the sound output will be fine. If the soundbar still keeps cutting out, then move to the next solution.
2. Update Software of Soundbar
Another reason why your soundbar might be cutting out is because of outdated software. The older software isn’t able to process data properly while streaming and hence results in lag. To solve this problem, you have to follow a few simple steps.
First of all, you have to download the software update. This can’t be done directly from the soundbar. You have to do it from your computer and then transfer the file to the soundbar using a USB. Hence to download the software update, follow these steps:
- Turn on your laptop and open the web browser i.e. Google Chrome.
- Go to the website: www.LG.com – Go to Support>Software and Drivers
- In the search section, enter your LG soundbar’s model name.
- The software update will be shown in a pop-up window.
- Select the latest version and download it.
Once the file is download, then you have to prepare it for the soundbar. Follow the following steps to install the update on your soundbar:
- First of all, you have to prepare the file by renaming it according to the model name and module. Please write an update module, then an underscore, and then the model name.
- Plug the USB into your computer and format it as the FAT32 file system.
- Copy the SW file to your USB.
- Plug the USB on your soundbar, and the word “UPGRADE” will appear on the display.
- Press the play button on the soundbar’s remote control and the update will start installing.
- Once the update is complete, the soundbar will shut itself down.
At this point, you will have successfully installed the update. The soundbar won’t be cutting out sound anymore. You can enjoy your music and entertainment to the fullest again, without any lags or hindrances.
You have to keep a few precautions in mind while installing software update this way. Failing to take these precautions will result in failure of the software update and you might even corrupt the software on your soundbar resulting in total malfunction.
- You must rename the software update files properly, or it won’t work.
- You must format the USB in the FAT32 system file before copying the files.
- You must never switch off your device during the update.
3. Using the LG Music Flow App
The LG music flow app can also solve the issue using your mobile or tablet. The application is available on Google Playstore and Apple Store and can be downloaded for free. Your soundbar must be connected to your home network for this process to work.
Follow the following steps to install the application:
- Open Google Playstore if you are using an android device or App Store if you are using an iOS device.
- Search LG Music Flow App.
- Click on the download icon.
- Once downloaded and installed, open the application.
Once this application has been installed on your device, you can use it to update the software of your soundbar using your wireless home network. The process is pretty simple. You just have to follow the following simple steps:
- Tap on the Menu tab (Three Horizontal lines on top left corner)
- Go to Settings>Version Info.
- The soundbar will appear in the next window along with whether its software is outdated or not.
- If the software isn’t up to date, the application will give you an option to download and install it wirelessly.
- Once the update is downloaded and installed, the device will reboot automatically to let you know.
- You can also keep track of the progress on your smartphone’s screen.
- Do not turn off your device during the update.
Whether you use method 2 or 3, the software update will be installed on your device and the soundbar will start functioning normally. You won’t face any lag in sound. You can enjoy your music again.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why my LG soundbar keeps cutting out?
According to professionals, there can be two reasons if the sound keeps cutting out. If you are connected to the device through Bluetooth, there might be heavy Bluetooth traffic, or your device’s software might be outdated.
Can I install the software update wirelessly on my LG soundbar?
Yes, you can. For that purpose, you will need to install LG Music Flow App from Playstore or Apple App store on your device. Once the application is installed, you can update your soundbar’s software. The soundbar must be connected to your home’s network.
Why is my LG soundbar not updating from the software file on USB?
If your device is not recognizing the software update file from USB, you might have done something wrong. You have to rename the file properly before copying it. You have to format the USB to the FAT32 file system. Only then the device will recognize the update file.
If your LG soundbar keeps cutting out sound, you can use the above-mentioned ways to resolve the issue. You shouldn’t worry too much because the issue is commonly occurring and can be resolved easily at home by following a few simple steps. However, you need to take the precautions seriously, so that you don’t do any harm to your soundbar.
Leave a Reply