Often times, we come across several problems with our gadgets and trust us when we say, mostly they can be solved with a few tweaks all by yourself. You don’t really need professional help in this regard.
A problem like Vizio soundbar flashing lights for example. If your soundbar has been flashing lights and isn’t working correctly, you don’t really need to worry about it. It can be easily solved by following simple steps.
Vizio soundbars are truly remarkable. They offer magnificent sound quality and make your entire home theater system sound so much more dynamic. These soundbars work with remote controls but also feature buttons on them for added convenience.
If your soundbar starts flashing white lights, then it means there is a problem with the settings you adjusted just recently. But don’t worry, this can be solved and all you have to do is reset your soundbar. But before you go ahead with the reset, you need to keep in mind that resetting the soundbar will restore it to the original factory settings. You will lose all the customized data and will have to make the necessary adjustments as per your preference again.
However, this is the one of the few ways you can get your soundbar to work again so you will have to comply.
Resetting the Vizio Soundbar
First, we would suggest you turn off your soundbar for 8-10 seconds before resting it. Mostly, this solves the problem but in case it doesn’t, you should take a look at how to reset your soundbar through the following methods.
- Press the “Bluetooth” and “Input” button together and hold for a few seconds. Your soundbar should reset. If this didn’t do it, maybe try the next method.
- Press the “volume down” and “input” button and hold for 6 seconds. It will restart your soundbar. In case this doesn’t work either, try the next step.
- Press and hold the “input” and “volume up” buttons together and wait for a few seconds. This should reset your soundbar for sure if the previous methods didn’t work.
Any of these methods will fix your soundbar and it will start working like just it did before. But if the white flashing lights still persist, maybe you can get help from Vizio’s customer support and what insight they can offer you.
Vizio soundbars feature control that let you customize it according to your preference. Sometimes, these settings get messed up and as a result you see the soundbar making white flashes.
There could be a number of reasons why the soundbar has suddenly started acting out. We suggested above that you should reset it because in most cases, resetting the soundbar restores it to default and it can start working again.
This can happen to any Vizio soundbar but we don’t suppose every soundbar has the same reason for flashing.
A few things you should keep in mind,
- There is nothing wrong with your soundbar’s hardware. This kind of issue only occurs when there is a problem with the settings and that can be fixed easily.
- Turn it off and then back on and see if it solves the problem. Mostly it does but in case this doesn’t work, you can try the next few methods to fix it.
- If you have changed settings of the soundbar recently. What can you do is try restoring them to before! Most of the time, settings start glitching when they have been tampered with and not adjusted correctly. Bringing them to the original form can help you fix your soundbar.
- If none of the above methods work then you will have to go back to the original plan, restore your soundbar to factory default settings. We know it can be difficult if you had done customizations to the soundbar but this is the only way you will be able to fix it permanently.
See also: 10 Best Soundbars Under 300
If your soundbar starts flashing white lights then trust us, it is nothing too serious and you won’t have to replace your soundbar for good. It’s a problem that can be fixed and you can always look up on YouTube to get more insight.
This was everything we had on fixing your Vizio soundbar flashing white lights problem. We hope we were able to give you a solution for the issue and now your soundbar is back to being functional.
We would love to hear if you have any solutions for this problem, ones that we haven’t mentioned so our readers can have access to more ways how they can fix their soundbars. Do leave us with your feedback below.